I Tagged Her In My Heart | Anuj Tiwari | Book Review

 

I Tagged Her In My Heart by Anuj Tiwari


I Tagged Her In My Heart by Anuj Tiwari Book Review
I Tagged Her In My Heart by Anuj Tiwari Book Cover



Cover - The cover is so eye-catching and fascinating but It's not perfect for this book. As I always say, a good cover is one, which gives an overall insight of the story or tells something about the main character's life. But in this book I Tagged Her In My Heart, it is just showcasing the profession of the main characters. In my opinion, if the "VAADA" group portrayed or doodled on the cover it might be the best for the book in every possible aspect.


Title - If I talk about the title of the book it's not apt for the book. It's not justifying a single aspect of the book. I think the author chose this title just because It sounds good and it will help sell.


Storyline and Review - It's a story of friendship and Self-love and self-empowerment while going through tragic emotional trauma and depression which happens after a failed relationship or certain breakup. The author chose to write this story in the third person. 


It starts with Arjun's character who is an author and lives in Mumbai. He is fading up because of his mother's utmost concern for him but he never complains about it. Arjun's mother is just like any other typical Indian mother Who is always after him all over the house and over the phone conversation. 


Like any other Indian mother she just wants him to marry now. The other two more characters of the story which are most important in Arjun's life are introduced as Dimpy aunty who is the mother of Akansha who is Arjun's senior in college and now a best friend of his.

 

From Arjun's mother's perspective, they are more than friends. She is always suspicious about it. While Dimpy aunty is a full-of-life character. She is witty, sharp, jovial and can easily fail any comedian by her humor. 


A one more character Ved is revealed as a roommate of Arjun who is also a classmate of Arjun, in his engineering college. Ved did engineering but his love is all for football. Thereafter a mysterious character Adrika adds some suspense to the story. She also did her studies at the same university which her other friends did.


As the story of the book I Tagged Her In My Heart goes further it goes back into the memory lane of college life where the AVIA group comes into life. Which Includes Arjun, Ved, Iona, and Adrika. In this phase of the story, Arjun went into depression and recovered from it with the support of his friends. Although his breakup is described non-specifically. 


The same thing is with Adrika. She also went through a breakup and a lot of tragic pain as she lost her father also in the initial days of her college. Iona becomes her strength in this tragic phase of her life. The other two Arjun and Ved are also always there for her. Eventually, all four were supportive of each other in that phase of the story.


At the end of the college life of Adrika, she separated from her friends for a while but soon destiny in disguise of work reunited them with each other in Mumbai. But now things have changed and they all are struggling with their secrets. 


Which eventually becomes the reason for the hospitalization of Adrika And Arjun. How do they get into this situation and how do they overcome it?? For that, you have to read the book.

 

In the second half of the book I Tagged Her In My Heart, the character of Dimpy aunty becomes the lifeline of the story. She is my most favorite character from this story. The author completely justified her character.


Iona's character, which got a lot of attention in the first half of the story, was completely sidelined in the second half. There was a reason for it but that was narrated non-specifically and couldn't succeed in making a connection or any sense to me. 


The concept of the book I Tagged Her In My Heart is very good, the language is easy to read. The author completely succeeds in showcasing the concept. But I felt like that a shorter concept stretched a lot without adding any action to it. 


Recommendation - I would like to recommend this book to beginners and mostly to those who are going through trauma and depression after having a tragic breakup. Even if you want some lite motivation on self-love and self-empowerment you can give it a read.


  -Abhi panwar 

Grab your copy here Amazon In Amazon Us


Start a free 30 days trial of Audible plus(India)


Start a free 30 days trial of Audible plus(Us)



Post a Comment

0 Comments