A Good Girl's Guide To Murder | Holly Jackson | Book Review

A Good Girl's Guide To Murder | Holly Jackson | Book Review

A Good Girl's Guide To Murder Book Review
A Good Girl's Guide To Murder
by Holly Jackson Book Cover




My Musings


I'm all eager and desperate to read the two next sequels of this series. Reading mysteries always becomes unsettling and intriguing fun when you find the right read. It was a perfect rollercoaster, bullet-paced, and a butter-smooth read for me. There were a ton of characters and a load of creepy suspects to explode in my mind the ticking suspense and tension. This whodunit, detective read made me feel involved and engrossed. And I was always on my toes to find out and reveal the mystery before the protagonist and her hilarious partner in Crime. And trust me I made some of the guesses right though the ultimate winner was the genius of the author which I wasn't able to think of. And that was really fun. It was a bit predictable nevertheless, all and all, it was a great mystery read. I'm so glad that I found this book.


Storyline


Five years ago, Andie Bell got missing and was presumed murdered by her boyfriend Sal Singh who committed suicide and sent a text message confessing his crime before he killed himself. But Andie was never found. The case is close! Sal Singh was branded as a monster by the whole population of Fairview Town and the rage of the public dawned on Sal's Family. Their house was turned out as a ghost, no one likes to talk or go to the Singhs anymore. They were disowned by the whole town and someone spray-painted 'SCUM' on their house's front wall. Everyone treated them as a family of Monsters.


But five years later when Pippa got an opportunity to do a capstone project for her senior year, she chose to cover the Police's investigation and Media's coverage on Andie Bell's missing and allegedly murdered case. But her ulterior motive was to reopen and re-investigate the whole case on her own to find out what really happened, as the prior investigation has a lot of loopholes in it.


Even Pippa has a gut feeling that Sal didn't kill Andie, his girlfriend. And naturally, Pippa finds a partner in crime for herself in Ravi who was 20 years old and was the younger brother of Sal. And he too believed that his brother didn't do it.


As they start to dig more, the person of interest list of Pippa becomes longer and includes Pippa's best friend's Sister. Many questions were grappling in my mind.


Who really Killed Andie? Or is Andie really dead? Who put the blame on Sal? And What if Sal was the actual killer?


And there was someone who didn't want Pippa to dig deeper and that someone started sending her threats. 


Who was sending threatening messages to Pippa to stop her digging? 

The time is ticking. Does she be able to find out the real killer before the killer caught her off-guard?


Grab your copy to find out this all at once.

Read it soon, so you can catch me up with the sequels.


Review


It has Indians in the story which is a personal happy moment for me. Finding Sal and his family is great for me though not for them as they had to deal with racism and prejudice when Sal was disclosed as the killer of Andie Bell. Don't worry, I'm not going to slip anything and ruin the whole fun for you. 


So the best part of this book was none of the suspects was forced to be suspected by the author. Everyone has legit motives. It wasn't like "Not A Happy Family" suspense where poor Dan was forced into the spotlight all the time. As Pippa dug deep and investigation became intense and the truth started revealing, layer by layer about Andie, the good girl image of her started fading.


Everyone's connection and the truth about Andie, which popped out during the investigation, looked real to me. All the backstories were growing the suspect list bigger and it was leveling up the suspicion and tension to the next level. And the part where Pippa broke down was really poignant. And the cherry on the top, this rollercoaster read has a bit of romance and humor in between the brobdingnagian chaotic mystery. 


In a nutshell

It was Enjoyable, Nail-biting, Full of surprises, Thrillers, Adventures, Murder maps, Murder boards, Secrets, Guilt, Mind binding theories and possibilities, and a satisfying ending. I enjoyed every clue and page. Every chapter has a cliffhanger in it and it always made me change my theories about the killer. Sometimes I got right about it and sometimes I didn't at all. And I enjoyed every bit of it. 


Recommendation

Give yourself the opportunity to judge the movie or the Netflix show which is going to be based on this book series, I'm pretty sure about it, sooner or later it's going to be a web series. And to judge or enjoy that show or movie wholeheartedly you have to read this book series, give it a read right away. Read it soon, so you can catch me up on sequels, and then I would too have a reading buddy.


Happy Reading ❤️


Grab your copy here (Support us)


Amazon Us Amazon In



Start a free 30 days trial of Audible plus(India)


Start a free 30 days trial of Audible plus(Us)




Post a Comment

0 Comments